Sunday 20 October 2013

Review: Christian Dior Diorific Lipstick

PRICE
Just like all the Dior Products, this lipstick is of course a little pricey. With its 32€ it's definitely a high-end lipstick. It contains 3.5g (0.12oz).

FIRST IMPRESSION
The packaging of this "Haute Couture" Lipstick is pretty simple and sleek. It has a golden colour. The lipstick formula seems to be kind of rich in relation to its creaminess and shine. It has a slightly shiny finish, which is not glossy at all. It glides really easily on to your lips, which makes the application really comfortable. It has a really decent smell to it, which personally doesn't bother me at all. In addition, it has a really good coverage.

THE PRODUCT
The lipstick comes in 10 different colours, which I honestly think is not a lot. I own a classic blood-red lipstick (Ange Bleu 013) and a shimmery coral (Corail Hip Hop 024). In my opinion, the product is a longlasting lipstick, as it doesn't get of so easily (even with an oil-based makeup remover). I'm not saying it stays in place for ever, but compared to other lipsticks, I think it does quite a good job.

DURABILITY
I applied my "Ange Bleu" to my lips without any lipliner or base. It looks smooth and shiny.
After 3 hours, it has of course set. It has not dried out at all but has become more of a matte finish. It still feels creamy and smooth. It has slipped just a little bit into the wrinkles of my lips, which probably happened because i didn't use any lipliner.
After lunch (pasta), the colour had faded a little, especially on the inner part of my lips. Also, I feel like it has slippes even more into my wrikles. My lips feel pretty dry now and the smooth creaminess has disappeared. I reapplied it, which gave me shiny and red, yet not so smooth lips.
After 2.3 hours after the reapplication, the lipstick has not set, as it had after the first application. It is shiny and creamy, and still feels good on my lips. It has not dried out my lips.

FINAL WORD
I think the Diorific is quite long-lasting, as it still looks good after 3-4 hours. However, you definitely have to reapply it after a meal.
There are many lipsticks that are really long-lasting, but I think it's really hard to find one, that doesn't dry out your lips. I recommend the Diorific, as I think it's fairly unique in it's care. It keeps your lips pretty moistured and conditioned.

Nevertheless, you should never forget to moisture your lips with your favourite lip balm after wearing lipstick.


2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, most long-lasting lipsticks can dry your lips. :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately! Thank god there are some that don't :)
      Xoxo

      Delete