Sunday 20 October 2013

Comparison: Naked and Naked2 by Urban Decay


PRICE

Both the palettes cost the same, 45€.



THE COLOURS
Both the palettes contain 12 highly pigmented colours.
Naked
The Naked palette contains 2 mattes and 10 shimmery colours. It seems to have a lot of dark colours, which is why I think it could be more matching when it comes to night looks.
Naked2
This palette brings 3 matte and 9 shimmery colours. It contains a lot of really light tones, which could be really useful to do a daytime-look. The colours "Blackout" and "Busted" compensate for this tendency.
Conclusion
Of course, my opinion doesn't necessarily counts for you. It depens on your makeup habits (wether you tend to do many dark makeup looks on your everyday basis or not). For me, personally, the palettes find their use in two different periods of the day.

What the palettes have in common is first of all the colour "Half Baked". It is the only colour that exists in both of them. Furthermore, they both have a perfect highlighting colour. In the Naked, this is "Virgin", which has more of a pinkish undertone than the highlighter colour in the Naked 2 (Bootycall). In addition, the glittery black from the first version has become a matte. Also, they both contain greyish colours. In the Naked, we find a blueish, dark, grey colour called "Gunmetal". In the Naked 2, there are 2 grey shades, one lighter than the other. "Verve", which could also be considered as a light silver perfectly matches the darker grey "Pistol". Since they are both very cold colours, I imagine them to look really good with very light eyecolours.


PERSONAL FAVOURITE
I think it is really hard to say which one I prefer. Since i tend to do more darker makeup looks, I think I might favour the Naked. However, I dote on the colour "Bootycall" from the Naked2. The colour "Tease" is also very special to me. I used to put it on my eyebrows, until I figured it was just too light. Nevertheless, since this is a matte, taupe with a greyish undertone, it might be the perfect eyebrow colour for medium blondes.
A colour i don't like at all in the Naked is "Buck". In my opinion, the reddish, orangey undertone is really annoying. Whenever I use it, i mix it with another colour. (Most of the time, this other colour is "Tease".)

What palette do you prefer and why?


No comments:

Post a Comment