Saturday 11 October 2014

Review: MAC Moisture Infusion Serum & Oil Control Lotion

First of all, these two products are sold separately. Nevertheless, I think they work best together.
I have a combination skin.

PRICE
The lotion costs 34€, whereas the serum retails for almost 43€. I am totally aware that both of the products are pricey. In my opinion, you can totally only use the Oil control lotion on it's own, which is what I did for quite a while, before getting the serum.

THE PRODUCTS & CARE
Moisture Infusion Serum
The product claims to be a light weight serum, which is going to provide your skin with moisture, as well as prime your face. It comes in a pretty, small bottle with a pump, and has, just like all the MAC products, a very sleek and simple, yet modern appearance. It contains 50ml (=1.7 fl oz). One pump is the perfect amount, because both of the products, especially the serum, are very economical. The serum has a very neutral scent, and feels really soft and silky, once you apply it.  However, you don't necessarly need to use the serum, in order to get a result (without saying that it has no effect). Not only does it prepare your skin for any makeup application, but also evens it out and gives it the perfect texture for the application of the oil control lotion.
Oil Control Lotion
This cream is supposed to control your facial oils, without drying out your skin. It really does make your skin look healthy and radiant. Also, it comes in the same sized bottle. You can use it under your makeup, which is going to reduce the oily appearance, as for example on your T-zone. I still recommend you using a setting powder. For me, it really prevents any face products from accentuating my dry spots, which, in my opinion, always happens once you set your face makeup, or apply any other powder. The scent of this cream is more intense, without being too powerful. It smells really fresh and clean, and reminds me of their Fix+. 

FINAL WORD
I personnaly think that this combination is the perfect care throughout the day. In my opinion, the most important thing for a day-cream is that it doesn't feel heavy or thick on your skin, which is what I appreciate the most on both of the products. I use this series all year long, and not once have I had dry skin in the winter, or oily skin in summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment